We support children and young people; 5-18 years and their families where they are caring for another family member who has a physical illness/disability; mental ill health; or has a problematic use of drugs/ alcohol. The team offers assessment and support to ensure that the young person gets a break, meets other young carers and that services to the family are improved.
The service operates throughout the Rochdale vorough including Middleton and Heywood. The Rochdale Young Carers Service can:
- Visit families at home to discuss their situation
- Carry out a young carers assessment to help us work out together what support is needed.
- Help with any problems at school
- Give information
- Help you get in touch with services
- Advocate on behalf of the young carer and their family
- Provide confidential counselling
- Provide group and individual work with children
- Provide activity sessions with young people to give them a break and have fun
Young carers, relatives of young carers and professionals working with young carers can all contact Rochdale Young Carers Service to ask for support.